Thursday 2 January 2014

Woop woop!!

Day 2 in the craft house...
Well well well, two days in a row, so far so good! Though due to fact this is more of a retrospective look at 2013 I must say I don't think this one counts towards my '2 posts per week' promise from yesterday. Sitting watching Doctor Who (season 6, episode 9) whilst playing Lego updating this craziness whilst considering taking down my Christmas tree as it's starting to annoy me. Full of holiday spirit.
Anyhoo, I posted a while ago about making a kitchen for my boys for Christmas, I honestly finished this on Christmas Eve, what a nightmare but now it's here! Not totally finished, feel like it needs a few more wee touches to improve it, however here it is...

I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out. Will take more pics of a bit more detail in the next few weeks so I can show it off a bit more!

There has also been a few additions to the extended family including a set of twin boys! Yey for babies!!! So I have embroidered the little family tree from Mollie makes issue *something*, sorry I have a terrible memory!

So happy with it, just need to add on everyone's names now!
Also it was the boys birthday, both within a week of each other so we had a little joint party in. The house and I made some decorations. They decided it was going to be a finding nemo party so I crocheted some jelly fish, a la Kirstie Allsopp, and I also made these

I was a massive Blue Peter fan when I was little so I used an old fave to make them, toilet roll tubes! I am def going to write up how to do these as they were SUPER easy, SUPER quick, and super cheap! All the makings of great party things for kids.

I swear this is not all I made over the last 12 months but this was what I thought was worth putting up for my new start. I did also attempt to crochet Ben a pair of socks for his bday. Made a full leg and heel then got his to try it on. Or attempt to try it on. Couldn't even get it over his foot. 6 weeks and about 25 hours of crochet and It was all for nothing! To say I was upset would not quite cover how bad I felt. Lesson learned for next time though!

Well, I will be back, fear not, and I hope you have a lovely day (especially if you live in Scotland where the 2nd of January is a holiday, Yey! X

No comments:

Post a Comment